Find out all about Tin City on Stockton Beach at Port Stephens.
A coastal desert wilderness
Thanks to the generosity of the Worimi people we are invited to experience and enjoy this special place (with respect and without disturbing any Aboriginal sites). See this monumental sandscape for yourself by 4WD drive (with permits), go fishing, surfing, or take an organised tour for quad biking, sandboarding, horse & camel riding and cultural tours including historic sites such as the middens, Tin City and the Sygna Wreck.
VERY IMPORTANT – check beach closure notices before setting off on your own adventure.
- 4WD …grab a permit (click here) and enter via Williamtown or Anna Bay Alternatively relax and take a safe, fun tour on board a Hummer or 4WD
- Sandboarding …for an exhilerating way to explore the dunes go by off-road vehicle and surf down the 40 metre slopes on custom sandboards.
- Quadbiking …the ultimate experience for the adventurous… ride from bush to beach across the desert wilderness – safe and sandsational!
- Horse & Camel Rides …Relax and experience the peace and tranquility riding horseback through the bush, over the dunes and along the beach.
- Surfing …surfers are spoilt for choice along the 32km stretch of beach with point breaks at either end of Stockton and Birubi Beaches.
- Fishing & Diving …try beach fishing near the Sygna wreck on Stockton Beach or go deeper for a scuba dive adventure of titanic proportions.
Look and book your tour online or call the Port Stephens Visitors Information Centre on 1800 808 900